- Go to Activities and choose Activity Mappings tab.
- Edit URL
- Select the URL you want to map, for example: http://example.com/competing-on-customer-journeys/?q=1234
- Strip the “http://” off the front and replace with a “^”, for example: ^example.com/competing-on-customer-journeys/?q=1234
- If there is a parameters at the end of the URL, replace them with $, for example: ^example.com/competing-on-customer-journeys/?$
- Put the URL into the BME Activity Mapping page
- Name the activity under Activity Name section
- Hit Create Button
To test, simply:
- log-in to your site of choice and navigate to the URL you mapped
- navigate to Recent Activities in BME. You should see a “viewed” event for your view of the URL you mapped and a separate activity logged for your custom Mapped Activity. Success!