If you’re familiar with Boomtrain, you know that one of our core offerings is our machine learning engine: it analyzes text and user behavior to predict the most engaging content for every single person.
Many of our customers want to take advantage of our machine learning engine’s capabilities, but they already have email solutions in place — like Marketo, ExactTarget, Responsys, or MailChimp. In order to create emails with personalized content recommendations, they often work with an account manager, a simple text-based editor, or sometimes a cool WYSIWYG drag-and-drop email building tool. The common denominator is that they generally don’t want to get into the weeds of HTML coding, but they do want to inject personalized content recommendations into their campaigns.
We built the Boomtrain Editor to easily convert your beautiful, pixel-perfect, well-tested, approved-by-committee existing emails into individually targeted emails. You can now upload your existing template or use one of Boomtrain’s templates to turn any part of your template into a stylized slice of personalized heaven.
All you have to do is highlight the area that you want to convert from static content to dynamic content, select any additional filters you want, and… voila!
Some of my favorite features:
- Upload your existing HTML or select one of our templates
- Drag and drop rows of content to build your layout (this works with your existing template, too)
- Export with email markers for your email service provider
- In-line WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editing
- If you want to edit the HTML, go for it!
What’s coming next:
- Note: this is a beta launch, and we want your feedback
- Better error handling to let you know when your imported HTML has issues
- Mobile-responsive dynamic content and mobile preview
- Litmus testing to show how your template will behave on different devices
- Integrated predictive analytics to let you know how your constraints on our algorithms will impact your performance
- Ability to build landing pages and on-site recommendations
P.S. Internally, we code-named this project “Hemingway,” and it was born from many late nights (and likely followed by a few bottles of “well-being” that Earnest himself found inspiration in). It’s one of the most ambitious, edge-casey, and daunting initiatives we’ve tackled. Many thanks to Tim, Rachel, Tony, and Aaron for their dedication, long hours, and passion. There are many more hours to come. We hope you enjoy the beta launch and look forward to your feedback.
Want to learn more about how it works? Check out this page.