Unsubscribe a Single User Manually
If you don’t want to deal with any of the options below, you can easily unsubscribe a single user by accessing their profile inside BME.
- on Boomtrain.net, click Users, then type an email (or other unique value) in the search field.
- When you’ve found the user you’re looking for, click to view their profile.
- Inside the user’s profile, you can view attributes and recent activities. Note the white next to the user’s email address. This denotes that the user is currently active and subscribed to (potentially) all newsletters.
- Click the to unsubscribe the user from all future contact.
Unsubscribe By Updating User Attributes
Many Boomtrain customers incorporate user attributes to segment their lists. This is utilized most frequently with newsletter subscription status. Here’s the setup:
- A newsletter exists called ‘Sample_Newsletter’.
- A user exists with the attribute ‘Sample_Newsletter’ and the value ‘TRUE’.
- This user is actively subscribed to this newsletter and the segment list will always include his email address.
- In order to unsubscribe this user, the attribute ‘Sample_Newsletter’ must be updated to the value of ‘FALSE’.
- Using the above example, upload a CSV of users who want to unsubscribe. You only need two columns: the email address and the newsletter they want to be removed from. If you have multiple newsletters, you can add each one as an additional column.
- Once you’ve uploaded the list, check the profile of one of the unsubscribed users. The value should be FALSE. You can also check the user segment to make sure the email has been removed from the list. Make sure your segment list is dynamically updating based on user attributes!